Dorothy's Song

Dorothy's Song

All alone, all alone,
in these halls of brick and stone.
One of life's little accidents
buried out behind the fence
to dry up like a bone.


I am blind, I am blind,
I have nothing on my mind.
And I have no words to speak
I'm just another sideshow freak
that the circus didn't find.


I'm the refugee of life
I'm the blood on fortune's knife
One of life’s little accidents
Buried out behind the fence
To dry up like a bone


There's a sky, there's a sky
Out my window passing by.
But I've never smell'd the trees
and I've never felt the breeze
And only God can answer why.


I will die, I will die,
but you'll see nobody cry.
They'll just scratch me off their lists
and in a month I won't be missed
although God knows there's some who'll try.


I'm the refugee of life.
I'm the blood on fortune's knife.
One of life's little accidents
buried out behind the fence
to dry up like a bone...


Bob Mullany 10-19-77

No comments:

Post a Comment