Golden Beams


Golden Beams © 4/22/2011 Bob Mullany

I celebrate summer in primeval forests
Where deer shun the daylight and swift eagles scream
I worship alone in a sweet holy space
Where the sun splits the shadows with bright golden beams

Golden beams, golden beams,
The sun splits the shadows with bright golden beams

Golden beams gleam and stream deep in the shadows
Where pink slippers grow in the cool of the shade
I hear the burbling, babbling brook
Where it meets with the river that flows through the glade

Through the glade, through the glade,
It meets with the river that flows through the glade

The moss feels so cool here below the trees’ shadows
The earth remains warm where the sunlight still streams
I talk to god and I seek out a sign
But angels confound me and leave me to dream

Leave me to dream, leave me to dream,
Angels confound me and leave me to dream

I am a child of the forest and mountains
I track the spirits and sprites by the stream
I feel a presence that soothes me to silence
As I lie impaled on god’s bright golden beams

Golden beams, golden beams,
I lie impaled on god’s bright golden beams
I lie impaled on god’s bright golden beams

No comments:

Post a Comment