Thank You

Thank You © 1988 Bob Mullany

Here's to the woman who gave my life to me
As once I was a part of her she's still a part of me
From her I learned the lesson of what real love ought to be
Thank you for loving me,
For all the faith you showed in me,
For the man I turned out to be
Time passes slow as children grow
But I'll always love your loving me

Here's to the young loves that never seem to last
Like falling stars we wish upon they slip away so fast
Our dreams of the future are now memories of the past
Thank you for loving me, for all your warmth and honesty
For all the joy you shared with me
Time passes on, and though you're gone
I'll always love your loving me

Here's to the woman who is always at my side
My wife and my companion, my lover, and my guide
Our love's an endless ocean ever changing as the tide
Thank you for loving me,
For all the faith you showed in me
For all the joy you shared with me
Time passes by, and 'til I die
I'll always love your love in me

Here's to the woman who's the apple of my eye
My angel with a little bit of devil in her eyes
I've watched you grow from infancy
As the years went rolling by
Thank you for loving me
For the happiness you brought to me
For the woman you turned out to be
Oh, how time flies before these aging eyes
But I'll always love your loving me

And when the final page is turned
Of all the lessons that I've learned
There's one I'm sure that you'll agree is true
You'll always love the thought of someone loving you

1 comment:

  1. “I wish to thank my parents for making it all possible...and I wish to thank my children for making it necessary.”
    -Victor Borge

    ReplyDelete