Swim

Swim

You stand looking out over the ocean so sadly, Marina
Kissed by the moonlight alone with your thoughts on the beach
Is there someone you wish you were seeing beside you, Marina ?
Somewhere out over the ocean out of your reach
Somewhere out over the ocean out of your reach.

Come share the soothing summer sea with me, Marina
Your beauty’s eternal, our bond is eternally deep
I’ll show you my love and I know you’ll love me, Marina
But I’ll be content to watch over you while you sleep
Yes, I’ll be content to watch over you while you sleep.

We will swim out into the ocean together, Marina
Feel its blessed caress as the distant shore disappears
It will free you and me from our sorrow forever, Marina
Let the cool water come wash away all of our tears
Let the cool water come wash away all of our tears.

© 2003 Bob Mullany 10/19/03

1 comment:

  1. "That's the thing with suicide pacts. Sometimes they only really work if they catch you by surprise."
    -Randy K. Milholland

    ReplyDelete