Shoes


Shoes © 4/18/2007 Bob Mullany


My money is gone, it's all been spent
Some went for food, some went for rent
And some I'm not sure where it went
I'm sure some of it went for booze
The rest of it went for
Shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes,
God, my baby loves shoes !


Don't get me wrong, I'm doing swell,
I've got a good job, they pay me well
But, still, my budget has gone to hell
On shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes,
God, that woman loves shoes !


Red ones, green ones, yellow ones too
Some of them's black and some of them's blue
High heels, flats, and pumps with jewels
Yes, shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes
Man, my woman loves shoes !


When I've gone around the bend
And my life's come to an end
Slice me up in one foot blocks
Throw them into old shoe boxes
And line them end to end
Then bury them deep, my friend
Find some cheap flowers to send
That'll leave her more money to spend
On shoes, shoes, shoes, shoes,
God, that woman loves shoes !

1 comment:

  1. “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that fits all cases”
    -Carl Jung

    ReplyDelete