Love Will Find A Way

Love Will Find a Way

If I never gaze into your eyes again
If I never feel your warm breath on my skin
If we never walk the garden hand in hand
And we never take the journeys that we planned
I sincerely hope that you will understand
In a war of love and duty, where often duty wins the day
Our love survives, and love will find a way

It’s been said we reap the harvest of our sins
Though it’s often not the righteous one who wins
Choice still has its consequences in the end
So be mindful of the messages you send
They may not convey the meaning you intend
In a war of love and anger, where often anger wins the day
Our love survives, and love will find a way

Yes, it’s true, I haven’t seen you for a while
Yet in my memory I clearly see your smile
There’s a thousand miles between us, as you know
And we both found other lovers long ago
Yet I must confess that I still love you so
In a war of love and distance, where often distance wins the day
Our love survives, and love will find a way

Now our lives are passing faster than we know
And it seems our shiny dreams have lost their glow
As I stood before a mirror recently
An aging wrinkled stranger looked at me
And I wondered when you saw me what you see
In a war of love and aging, where often aging wins the day
Our love survives, and love will find a way

© Bob Mullany 1-14-2005

1 comment:

  1. "Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence."
    -H. L. Mencken

    ReplyDelete