Cold

Cold © Bob Mullany 2/22/2003

Like a pilgrim who’s lost on a cold, moonless night
I've been cursing the darkness and praying for light
It's so cold, cold, like a night owl’s moan
And I never felt so alone

The secret to love is the power of trust
Our love, it was iron, but it turned to rust
Now it’s cold, cold, like a skeleton’s bones
And I never felt so alone

Bridge:
Now our love has grown stale, and it's way past its prime
Like a song I stopped writing 'cause I can't find the rhyme
Don't go searching for clues at the scene of the crime
Some things just wear out with the passage of time

I guess I’ll be leaving, I guess that you’ll stay
That's the way that we do it in these modern days
It's so cold, cold, like ice on a stone
And I’ve never felt so alone

1 comment:

  1. "Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind."
    -Leonardo da Vinci

    ReplyDelete