Terminus

Terminus © November 19, 2009 Bob Mullany

Have you come for me ?
There's a shadow on my wall
I'm sinking slowly
I feel a draft from down the hall
Or is it just my imagination ?
Is my life ending ?
Did I hear somebody call ?
I'm not pretending
I can barely breath at all
It's an alarming situation...

What will my fate be ?
I see no sign to point the way
It still eludes me
I lack the clarity of day
Could I be wiser than I was ?
I can't think clearly
Some demon twists all that to say
Will I pay dearly
Who wins the prize that I have paid
'Cause I've lost touch with who I was ?

My race is nearly run
I feel the weakness in my bones
I see the setting sun
God, I don't want to be alone
Does someone love me ?
My life is nearly done
I feel I'm sinking like a stone
Are you real, are you the one ?
Am I saved, or am I alone ?
Will you forgive me ?
Will you forgive me ?
God, please forgive me ...

1 comment:

  1. "Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it."
    -W. Somerset Maugham

    ReplyDelete