Molly LaGrou

Molly LaGrou © 7/31/2009

I wonder what happened to Molly LaGrou
She had curly brown hair and her eyes were brown too
She had me beguiled on the night that we met
When she gave me a smile I would never forget

Young men can be fickle, they want to have fun
There's so many girls they can't settle for one
They don't know about pain, they don't understand fate
They don't know what love is until it's too late

It was clear she had beauty, the kind that will keep
But I thought when I fell that I'd fallen too deep
One day we're in love, the next we're apart
But I didn't know then she had captured my heart

The years passed us by and I had my own life
I left Molly behind, for some time had a wife
Years later I visited my old hometown
I met a grey-headed woman, but her eyes were still brown

I guess you can guess how this story will end
Me and my Molly are together again
And that's what happened to Molly LaGrou
She had curly brown hair and her eyes are brown too
She had me beguiled on the night that we met
When she gave me a smile I would never forget

1 comment:

  1. "The magic of first love is our ignorance that it can ever end."
    -Benjamin Disraeli

    ReplyDelete